Go Back   North West Carp Forum > Carp Fishing > UK Clubs and Venues

UK Clubs and Venues For topics on clubs and waters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Advanced Monkey

Default Fishing holiday.

The wife is thinking of booking a week somewhere fishing (mainly for me) problem is some of these places dont give much feedback on the fishing side of things. could you guys give me any info on

Tattershall lakes
Lonsdale park
White acres
Burnham on sea (haven holiday)

Anyone tried any of these and how do they fish?

Any other sugestions?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored links

WATCH THE BEST CARP VIDEOS ON THE WEB EACH MONTH FOR FREE!!
VISIT OUR NORTH WEST CARP TV PLAYER!

This advertisement block vanishes when you register and log-in. Click here to do so for FREE.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Monkey Magic

Not fished any of the waters you have mentioned, but if you go for Whiteacres, please remember to dry and then dissenfect ALL you fishing gear upon return before you fish any other waters due to it being in the list of waters that are in the KHV confirmed designations list.

Othere than that have a good holliday.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Super Monkey

Never fished whiteacres but i come highly recomended by a freind of mine who makes the trip once a year.. and wen i was in newquay last year i poped into a tackle shop asking for good local waters he also recomended whiteacres.... dont forget anglers paradice and pavvyottes mill both down that area
Old 04-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Monkey Magic

Depends what your after mate really

Cant comment on the others but I've been to Lonsdale,went for the 1st time in 98 and have been back every year since,so that says something

If you do want anymore info then feel free to pm me

Last edited by Dan Thee Man; 04-03-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Super Monkey

Default might help

Hi mate, Have fished 3 of the places you mentioned. Firstly Whiteacres,I went there in summer for a weeks holiday a few years ago, Fantastic fishery and caught very well from all the main lakes, some cracking large carp especailly ghosties in some of the smaller less hectic pools. Accomodation is good and decent facilities. If you get the choice try and get accomodation as close to the lakes as you can, some of the furthest static caravans are probably half a mile away from some pools lol. Secondly, burnham on sea. Had a week there last summer and caught very well from the main lake, Lots and lots of big bream mainly, between 2 and 6lb. Some very nice dark slabs. Had around 30 in a 4 hr evening session.I had a few carp as well but to be honest wasn't fishing for them on there and was enjoying the bream for a change The water was extremely warm though, maximum depth was around 5 ft and with the sun everyday water just didnt cool. Maybe the reason for all the bream. There is also a specimen lake which I fished a few night sessions on with little reward. Had a few carp to around 12lb but nothing special. Nice pool though and very fishy. No doubt there is some large fish lurking somewhere in there. Nice site and nice accomodation with decent facilities and indoor and outdoor pools. Right thirdly, Lonsdale. To be honest I wasn't impressed with the place and thought it was have been living on past glories slightly Fished virtually every night of a week holiday and probably had 10 fish all holiday from 6lb to the biggest 16. Not bad but not what you'd expect from a so called prolific fishery.Fished the main lake alot and could usually sneak a bite early morning then an hour after dark. Fished the other small pools with not much luck apart from a few pasties. The challets near the lakes are quite nice but the static caravans just outside the main park are a bit of a dive Could be a much better place with a bit of money and care and maybe a few more fish to bring it back to what it once was Bloody long post that lol Hope it helps you out, Personally i'd pick whiteacres just for the experience and alot of fish but get down to burnham sometime as it is ace,and alot cheaper. Let me know how you get on wherever you go mate, good luck
Old 04-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Monkey Magic

That's why I mentioned it depends what he's after from the holiday/fishing

Lonsdale is certainly not easy,the last 3/4 years have been increasingly difficult but let's be honest the weather hasn't helped and with it being so northerly it is affected greatly

We've had years when we've bagged up and those where the fishing has been awful,buts that's fishing I suppose
To me white acres and the like are a bit commercially/busy for my liking and I'd prefer to spend the week in lonsdale surroundings relaxing and take my chances for a few fish

Without knowing what the op is after its hard to say
Old 04-03-2013, 09:30 PM
Super Monkey

Definitely aggree with you about the weather mate even though it was summer and a relatively nice week when I went,the weather is so unsettled and changing over the last 3-4 years I don't think the carp have any idea whats happening definitely noticed a change for the worst in pretty much all waters over that period.Not knowing when to feed, spawn or bloody hibernate lol Just thought the place could have done with a really good tidying up really,some tlc, plus didn't think the people who run it were overly pleasant although they weren't terrible or anything Just didn't really do it for me, Shame cos as you say the location and surroundings were fantastic
Old 05-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Advanced Monkey

Thanks for the replies guys. Im just after somewhere nice not to packed people wise where i can catch some fish.. Happy to grab a few carp plus anything else that comes my way. . I wont be going untill september (the week after the kids go back to school) but would like to book early. Its nice to have some info from other anglers

Anyone know of warren farm in somerset?

Last edited by insanefred; 05-03-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:50 AM
Monkey Magic

Fred have a look at this place might be suitable

Waveney Valley Lakes - Holiday homes & Private fishing swims
Been a few times down the years,nice part of the world lovely villages nearby for pubs/food etc.
It was getting quite difficult to get on there,but well worth it.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Advanced Monkey

The wife is looking at it as we speak ty
Old 12-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Advanced Monkey

Had a few weeks holiday at Creedy Lakes, Devon.
Never gets busy, fantastic fishing and good accommodation.
Not far from Exeter and the coast !!

Creedy Lakes, Our Big Carp & Tench Day Ticket Waters
Old 12-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Senior Monkey

Not fished any of them myself but like someone else's post a good mate of mine has been whiteacres a few times and says its great, wouldn't mind going myself one time
Old 12-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Senior Monkey

I'm off down to whiteacres in may just a social as don't like the packed pats pool
Will give oakside a go on day ticket but its still a good week relaxin
I would recommend you get a private caravan off caravans for u
As you will save a fortune booking direct and buying your week permit on arrival
Bout 25
Old 13-03-2013, 05:01 AM
Advanced Monkey

Im off to whiteacres in july probaly will only fiah it a couple of times there are loads of other quiet fisheries around newquay ill spend my time on them theres one across the rd from whiteacres that holds fish to 30 plus
Old 13-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Advanced Monkey

Thanks guys. You have all been realy helpfull greatly apiciated as well i will let you know which she decides on.