Go Back   North West Carp Forum > Carp Fishing > UK Clubs and Venues

UK Clubs and Venues For topics on clubs and waters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-05-2007, 07:41 AM
North West Carp Club Member

Default Crime lake . . . . . . . . .Daisy Nook

Hi guys,

Anybody know anything about this place?

Its right near me and I know a few years back it was full of carp..........then I witnesses them all die and float about on the surface dead and decaying.......

I think its been re-stocked?

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by mancity; 21-05-2007 at 07:52 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored links

WATCH THE BEST CARP VIDEOS ON THE WEB EACH MONTH FOR FREE!!
VISIT OUR NORTH WEST CARP TV PLAYER!

This advertisement block vanishes when you register and log-in. Click here to do so for FREE.

Old 21-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Advanced Monkey

Yes mate, as it my local venue at the moment I can help.

After the fish kill (when it was run by Medlock Carp Society) It was taken over by Limehurst Ac. It has been stocked with 60-90 (no-one seems to know for sure) simmo's. I would say it's nearer 60 personally. They have done well however and fish I have caught three years ago at 14lb are now coming out at 18+. The guy that helps out in Carp Fever Angling
(Droylseden/Clayton) has had a 20 from there this winter.

Pop down for a look and you will see fish leaping and rolling...

The lake is under the old closed season and will be open June 16th till March.

Night fishing is allowed and you can use three rods, but I strongly advise you join the club and get a key to fish the bank that is 'locked off' and don't fish the few public pegs at night as you will get mithered by chavs and due to the appalling amount of litter over the last few years it is infested with rats. Having said that, the fish do frequent the area facing these pegs and like to get in the canal mouth so it's horses for courses. Limehurst have been busy cleaning the banks up a little and building wooden pegs so we'll see..

Parking is a little iffy as the car park is used by local stoner's but I have not had a problem, like any inner city venue (near Ashton!) you take your chances.

It can also get very busy at weekends (I only do quick overnighters in the week) as the word has got round about the size of the fish now, with doubles very common.

last I heard it was 20 a year under Limehurst direct or Guilders Tackle shop near Oldham. (I have not got a ticket yet) DON'T chance guesting it!

Any more info you need PM me and I'll fill you in.

Hope this helps. might see you on there

shallowman
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 21-05-2007, 10:15 AM
North West Carp Club Member

thanks alot mate.

I know how rough it is.......being from Hollinwood (walking distance)

Much appreciated
Old 21-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Advanced Monkey

no problem
Old 26-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Advanced Monkey

Sorry to bring up an old topic,but Crime lake is currently free fishing.And its fishing its head off,pleanty of upper doubles coming out
Old 27-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Super Monkey

Default Night on Crime

DFid a night a few weeks ogo on crime had a 17.08 and 15lb there has been quite a few fish out recently as well
Old 29-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Advanced Monkey

Bad/sad news im afraid.Looks like someone has poisoned the lake.All or nearly all the fish were found dead yesterday.Including carp upto 30lb.There are pictures over on another forum,dont know if i can post the linkto them.

Mark
Old 29-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Monkey Magic

Send a message via MSN to Mutley

What forum is it? Awful news that mate, being from Oldham I know all about the place.

Old 29-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Advanced Monkey

Here's some pictures my mate topok while the ea were taking water samples.The one with the 10 pence piece on he esitmated at around 28lb.

Old 29-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Monkey Magic

Send a message via MSN to Mutley

My god that's horrendous
Old 29-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Monkey Magic

Sad Sad news,somebody in your area must know whos done this and they need to be reported a.s.a.p before the b******s do it again somewhere else.

Things like this really p*** me off
Old 29-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Shaven southern jessie Monkey

very sad pictures.
Old 29-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Serp Monkey

those pictures are terrible.hope they catch people responsible very soon....
Old 29-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Super Slim Monkey

Angry

For Gad sake, what a terrible outcome

Gutted for the people who fish there and obviously the fish!!!!!

Like Shady said I hope they catch the people responsible....
Old 29-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Monkey Magic

Terrible ,Started to read what seemed a good thread with interest, was not expecting to see pics like that, very sad
Old 29-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Advanced Monkey

This lake is right next to Limeside and Fitton Hill. To be honest it could be absolutely anyone including disgruntled kids who have been hoiked off the lake.

I fear that they will not find out who did this. Very sad and very annoying.
Old 29-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Super Monkey

Angry

Can't believe this has happened, just started to fish it the past few weeks aswel. I remember a couple of years ago Sul Lago (the restaurant behind it) polluted it apparently and they had a big fish kill. Could be a local scrote off the estate behind it
Old 30-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Edgey Monkey

I was on roman lakes today and overheard a lad on the phone to the ea, he was reporting the fish kill, he informed me that the ea had rang him back and had taken carp, pike, bream and a vat of water for testing.

Disgusting and upseting and a terrible shame that could and should have been prevented.

I feel sorry for the fish and sorry for the lads that have put there time in on there for the fish...

Here's us lot worrying about the dangers of otters, KHV and poaching , it seems there are EVEN MORE worrys for us anglers

Last edited by kermit; 04-05-2009 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Rumour on cause of fish kill deleted
Old 30-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Monkey Magic

unbelievable that someone could do that intentionally.....wouldn`t surprise me if it was methane or sulfur coming out of the ground like what happened to the weedy some years ago.
Old 30-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Advanced Monkey

i live not far from crime and cant believe its happened again. gutted