Go Back   North West Carp Forum > Carp Fishing > UK Clubs and Venues

UK Clubs and Venues For topics on clubs and waters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Advanced Monkey

Had all my gear sorted and bait made but now I've got man-flu so gutted

Definitely going next week.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored links

WATCH THE BEST CARP VIDEOS ON THE WEB EACH MONTH FOR FREE!!
VISIT OUR NORTH WEST CARP TV PLAYER!

This advertisement block vanishes when you register and log-in. Click here to do so for FREE.

Old 29-03-2011, 09:07 PM
Regular Monkey

I think I'm definitley gonna have a look at this place over the next few weeks. It sounds good. I take its a day ticket water with no night fishing? is it pay on the bank?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 29-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Monkey Magic

its 5 day
10 overnight
15 for 24hrs i think mate and you can join the water he also has steak hill good runs water with a couple of headbangers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lactic View Post
I think I'm definitley gonna have a look at this place over the next few weeks. It sounds good. I take its a day ticket water with no night fishing? is it pay on the bank?
Old 29-03-2011, 09:14 PM
Regular Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadmanc View Post
its 5 day
10 overnight
15 for 24hrs i think mate and you can join the water he also has steak hill good runs water with a couple of headbangers...
hmmm good stuff. You know the joining fee? Is it fairly safe to fish at night now then mate?
Old 29-03-2011, 09:31 PM
Monkey Magic

not sure of fee mate have a ganders hers this is the website for them
Absolute Angling - Rhodes and Stakehill Lodges

i havent had any probs to be honest there is normally strange goin on in the bushes every now and again (bit of gentlemen love) but dont bother the anglers......and his bailifs are local handy lads if you know what i meen
he locks the carpak at 4pm so keeps numpties from parking up etc
gary the owner is on here mate his monkey username is nemol drop him a mail he is a sound guy no bull sssshhhhh
he has done well on there to be honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lactic View Post
hmmm good stuff. You know the joining fee? Is it fairly safe to fish at night now then mate?
Old 29-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Advanced Monkey

Spoke to a few guys fishing there and they are made up with the place. They couldn't speak highly enough. I asked about trouble and they said the only incident they know of was some asian lads refusing to pay but Gary ,"persuaded them".

I looked at both lakes that have carp in them and the smaller of the two had two or three mid doubles tearing up the clay right in the margin. Apprarently the large lake has already done a twenty this year.

I am going to fish it this weekend.
Old 31-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Regular Monkey

Default rhodes

here is some info for rhodes
we at absolute ( with help from ea,comm payback and local schools ) have put some pegs in,6 islands in to help with habitat for birds and fish. plants have been put round the edges. more islands and some of the pegs on the road side and river side are to be made bigger.
car park is locked at 4pm opened 7am but if anybody fishing i give them the number to the combination lock. we are not doing membership for rhodes only stakhill waters 1 twenty out this year that i know of and 6 double up to 16lb.
most of the carp in there are commons best out last year 26lb, there are two other commons that have been out 25 and 20lb. a mirror has been out about 3 years ago at 24lb it has been seen but as far as i know not been out since.
people nicking fish yeah it used to go on but since we got the place me and my little girl poppy or my bailiff ask them not to do it and things seem sorted.
The lads who fish there have helped out as well cheers to them u know who you are.
hope this helps
cheers
gary
Old 31-03-2011, 12:07 PM
Regular Monkey

Do you have to book this water or is it pay on the bank? Probably gonna give it a go 2nd week of April
Old 31-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Regular Monkey

Default rhodes

pay on the bank
cheers
gary
Old 31-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Advanced Monkey

Thumbs up

Great example of local anglers rolling up their sleeves and doing their bit to turn around a once neglected water. Top lads.

Short video here (centre, foot of page) featuring the man himself. Proud to have been part of it before I moved job.
Old 31-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Regular Monkey

Great stuff. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:15 AM
Advanced Monkey

Just done two short sessions on there over the weekend and I have to say that it is a decent place to fish. I always gauge a water by how many kids (who are serious about the sport) fish a water and there were a few on there. They also knew their carp fishing.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Senior Monkey

anything come out tony?
Old 04-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Advanced Monkey

Tench and bream but no carp this weekend (that I am aware of). I saw one or two in the snags but that was it.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Advanced Monkey

madmanc these cats what lake? The main lake? Rhodes is a great place to fish and I have had some good sessions on there dating way back to the early 90s but catfish?? Id love to think this was true
Old 04-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Monkey Magic

hi mate
it was the main lake i think i was about 14 so 20 years ago.
i was fishing towards the island when there was only the one in there then and i was fishing big bunches of lobworms,
i had never seen anything like it apart from teh monsters in the mags back then,
it was the old bailif paul spencer who witnesed it and told me they hadnt been stocked by them.

and he confirmed the following seasons that several had been caught same tactics various sizes so who knows if there still in therr mate i would like to think so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kersalcarp View Post
madmanc these cats what lake? The main lake? Rhodes is a great place to fish and I have had some good sessions on there dating way back to the early 90s but catfish?? Id love to think this was true
Old 05-04-2011, 02:54 PM
Senior Monkey

someone get a few rods out on the lobs and iv heard leeches are very good for ol whiskers!!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Regular Monkey

Just spoke to the owner on the phone, top guy. I can't wait to fish it now. Going on next week for around 30 hours, maybe more.

Anybody got any tips for a bend in the rod? I'll be fishing the main lake/pond, for carp, tho I don't mind the odd Tench tbh.

What else is in there?

Old 08-04-2011, 12:47 PM
Senior Monkey

30 hours,have a good lead around and try find the bloodworm beds(plenty in there mate).
also had succsess with a little ten mil pop up pineapple brill this time of yr.fruit flavoured boilies work well(tutti fruity).bags work well,bag of 4 mil pellets with the ten mil pop up tight to the islands.thats all i giving you for now matey..good luck and keep us posted how ya get on,TIGHT LINES MIKEY...
Old 08-04-2011, 12:51 PM
Regular Monkey

Cheers Pal. Appreciate the advice