Go Back   North West Carp Forum > Carp Fishing > UK Clubs and Venues

UK Clubs and Venues For topics on clubs and waters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-02-2010, 03:29 PM
New Monkey

Default Middleton anglers

Can anyone give any info on Middleton anglers?
i.e. how many waters do they have,
are they secure (i'm thinking of the bad stories ive heard about rhodes),
are the majority of the waters bivvy friendly and well looked after etc, etc.

I have looked on the websit but not a lot of info regarding waters.

any info is appreciated.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored links

WATCH THE BEST CARP VIDEOS ON THE WEB EACH MONTH FOR FREE!!
VISIT OUR NORTH WEST CARP TV PLAYER!

This advertisement block vanishes when you register and log-in. Click here to do so for FREE.

Old 26-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Regular Monkey

Default mas

i am club sec for mas and manages rhodes and stakehill mas club waters are geigys and myrtle rd there is a waiting list for fishing geigys. as for rhodes just before xmas we stocked 25 carp moved from the bog pond from 6 to 16lb all commons into the big lodge fair bit of work has been done already on the place with more bivvy pegs on the far side, habitat and islands to be put in now the weather is getting better, hope this helps
cheers
gary
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 26-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Emperor Blankmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomoll View Post
i am club sec for mas and manages rhodes and stakehill mas club waters are geigys and myrtle rd there is a waiting list for fishing geigys. as for rhodes just before xmas we stocked 25 carp moved from the bog pond from 6 to 16lb all commons into the big lodge fair bit of work has been done already on the place with more bivvy pegs on the far side, habitat and islands to be put in now the weather is getting better, hope this helps
cheers
gary

So Rhodes has been given some TLC then cos i fished it summer of 08 on the hottest day of the year and it was a right dive shopping trolleys,some shady little polish dude trying his damdest to catch his tea.Its nice to see someone taking care of the place cos it looked like it had potential.

Well done Middleton Anglers for takin the place on and putting the work in
Old 26-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Regular Monkey

sorry did not explain properly not midd that have taken on rhodes absolute angling have
cheers
gary
Old 26-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Super Monkey

Quote:
sorry did not explain properly not midd that have taken on rhodes absolute angling have
cheers
gary
neomoll... is this gary leigh middleton anglers?
Old 26-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Regular Monkey

yep the same gary leigh
Old 28-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Regular Monkey

Quote:
cheers
gary

If there is a waiting list for geigys does that mean that if you join middleton angling as a new member you can only fish myrtle rd ? and how long a wait are you looking at before you are going to get on giegys ?
Old 28-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Regular Monkey

[QUOTE=carpmanchris;293527]If there is a waiting list for geigys does that mean that if you join middleton angling as a new member you can only fish myrtle rd ? and how long a wait are you looking at before you are going to get on giegys ?[/QUOTE

meeting monday night 1st march and we should know how the number of members and night permits issued(last day of feb for renewing membership) this is the 1st year of a waiting list so dont know how long people would be on the list and the night permits to fish geigys is full for this season .
cheers
gary
Old 28-02-2010, 07:11 PM
Super Monkey

is the meeting still held at the old boars head, and how much is it to join.
do mas still hold stakehill if so whats the crack for night fishing them
Old 28-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Regular Monkey

So if i joined this year as a new member can i fish geigys ?
Old 28-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Regular Monkey

if you joined u will not be allowed to fish the main lake at geigys only the arm and myrtle rd ( the arm has had a fence put across to split the water large fish in one side small fish in the arm)meetings 1st monday in the month old boars head 8pm . prices and rules should be on the midd web site. stakehill is now day ticket.
cheers
gary
Old 28-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Regular Monkey

Quote:
if you joined u will not be allowed to fish the main lake at geigys only the arm and myrtle rd ( the arm has had a fence put across to split the water large fish in one side small fish in the arm)meetings 1st monday in the month old boars head 8pm . prices and rules should be on the midd web site. stakehill is now day ticket.
cheers
gary
Let me get this rite, i join a club and can only fish for the small fish in the arm of geigys and myrtle rd which is a day ticket anyway this cant be rite and you are asking 60 for new members. Im shocked

Im sorry but i don't think this will be the club for me. i like to fish the water i join, not pay to be put on a waiting list.

Last edited by carpmanchris; 28-02-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 28-02-2010, 11:16 PM
Regular Monkey

the water was drained last year a lot of people dropped out of the club and it was left to a few members mainly carpers to bring the water up to the standard it is now the big fish died (29lb) in around oct/nov last year so the club have bought 4 carp i have had quite a few ex and new members wanting to join now they have heard of the fish going in and with it only being a small water the club decided to limit the number of permits for this water and create a waiting list you do not have to pay to go on the waiting list.
cheers
gary
Old 01-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Regular Monkey

so you go on the list for free and you are on it for 12- 18 months whats the point of joining this year just to fish on the arm of geigys and myrtle rd. Do you not think you are going to get loads on the waiting list and no new members joining for at least 12 months?

Last edited by carpmanchris; 01-03-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:50 AM
New Monkey

So how big is geigys and myrtle rd.....the prices just seem a little steep for the amount of fishing available?.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Regular Monkey

not sure about the size of the arm on geigys but its not big.

myrtle rd is not huge but worth fishing, but myrtle is a day ticket water too.
this is a link to myrtle rd photo
Maps of the world, street map search - powered by Multimap
Old 01-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Monkey Magic

and its only 3 quid i think 2 fish myrtle road so you would have to do over 20 visits to make it worth paying 60 notes for
Old 01-03-2010, 08:27 PM
On probation Monkey

3quid i thought it was free
Old 01-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Monkey Magic

think your right mate i was talking to this chinese guy on ther who was pikeing he said he never pays
Old 01-03-2010, 08:41 PM
On probation Monkey

who that bald chinese guy?????? yeah hes always on there when hes allowed out, hes not allowed out very often though.
ive bin fishing next to him when hes bin spinning all day, always talkn about moon cycle to.
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh chorky