Go Back   North West Carp Forum > Carp Fishing > UK Clubs and Venues

UK Clubs and Venues For topics on clubs and waters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-01-2010, 11:53 AM
spank a monkey

Very Nice
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored links

WATCH THE BEST CARP VIDEOS ON THE WEB EACH MONTH FOR FREE!!
VISIT OUR NORTH WEST CARP TV PLAYER!

This advertisement block vanishes when you register and log-in. Click here to do so for FREE.

Old 27-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Smokin Tokin Rat of a spaced monkey :-)

Send a message via MSN to smokey

thansk for the info lads . not a water i will be fishing but one i didnt know alot about ... intereting thread , make a change to have another venue to talk about other than the normal ones ..tatton an the likes

so i take it boundry see's alot of anglers given there some nice fish in there ?

smokey
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 27-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Swamp Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz View Post

suspect white lip

Chunk that biz check the paddle out on her !!!!! Awesome!
Old 27-01-2010, 12:03 PM
KearneyFishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
thansk for the info lads . not a water i will be fishing but one i didnt know alot about ... intereting thread , make a change to have another venue to talk about other than the normal ones ..tatton an the likes

so i take it boundry see's alot of anglers given there some nice fish in there ?

smokey
From " My point of view" Great Water,Great Fish,Always a Social defo a step up from easy day ticket waters stocked with fish. i have only been carp fishing for just over 2 years now. but in The 40+ night ive fished boundary its made me a better angler i might not be on the fish but i can feel myself progressing every session whether it be my water craft or just simple things always being ready Rigs,Bait,PVA walking the banks stealthy etc....LOVE THE PLACE

me old matey

Last edited by KearneyFishing; 27-01-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 27-01-2010, 12:04 PM
KearneyFishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz View Post
ive got the pic from when Mike braced the epic at 25lb and crinkle also at 25lb
awesome capture,ive also got the pic when Nik rigby had the epic years ago at 23lb this was when it got its name after the epic fight she gave nik,ill dig them out later on

got quite a few pics of jim with boundary fish ill pop them on later

suspect white lip

Bizzy Lad you sound like "The Godfather" Of Boundary you defo had a few i tell ye
Old 27-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Advanced Monkey

the best information you get is off the older lads who used to fish it quite a lot, most don seem to bother much now but still have a walk around. cockney john is your man on there now
Old 27-01-2010, 12:13 PM
KearneyFishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by poacher View Post
the best information you get is off the older lads who used to fish it quite a lot, most don seem to bother much now but still have a walk around. cockney john is your man on there now
I know john he alright like i was fishing with him on the weekend! done a 48hr he is the baliff
Old 27-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Monkey Magic

quote- The lake was dug in two stages, so its almost two lakes, the main bar is the ridge that seperates them.

The lake was 2 lakes at one time but was also modified after that period too. When it was 2 lakes, a causeway ran from the left point by the house over to the christmas tree swims. But after they were dug through into one lake, it was modified again. When I fished it in the closed seasons of the mid-late 90's I met a guy who was in the sh11t swim said a ridge ran in front of him to his left and away towards the christmas tree swims, reckoned it was 80-90yds out from him and should be about 40-50yds in front of the chrsitmas tree swims where I was installed. Originaly the bank from the sh11t swim cut straight across to the christmas tree swims, the corner (that is today) between these swims was later dug back much further, leaving the ridge. A bait pulled up to the ridge certainly did some bites. I dug out an old map of the area, and there it was as he had said, 2 lakes separated by a causeway and showing the "corner" before it was dug back.
Old 27-01-2010, 02:58 PM
KearneyFishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
quote- The lake was dug in two stages, so its almost two lakes, the main bar is the ridge that seperates them.

The lake was 2 lakes at one time but was also modified after that period too. When it was 2 lakes, a causeway ran from the left point by the house over to the christmas tree swims. But after they were dug through into one lake, it was modified again. When I fished it in the closed seasons of the mid-late 90's I met a guy who was in the sh11t swim said a ridge ran in front of him to his left and away towards the christmas tree swims, reckoned it was 80-90yds out from him and should be about 40-50yds in front of the chrsitmas tree swims where I was installed. Originaly the bank from the sh11t swim cut straight across to the christmas tree swims, the corner (that is today) between these swims was later dug back much further, leaving the ridge. A bait pulled up to the ridge certainly did some bites. I dug out an old map of the area, and there it was as he had said, 2 lakes separated by a causeway and showing the "corner" before it was dug back.
Hotshot me old mugger see if ye can send me a copy of the map scan/pic anything cheers
Old 27-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Monkey Magic

Il have to go looking for it, but I should find it. I hope.
Old 27-01-2010, 05:50 PM
New Monkey

if i was going to give any tips on how to fish this water i would stick to the margins, stay stealth and dont be afraid to switch swims. try to stay on on a sunday for as long as you can because angling pressure can turn these fish off or fish mid week if you can. you will find you will soon reap the benefits
Old 27-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Monkey Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINLINE View Post
The main key for this venue is watercraft
The main key for any venue, no?

Biz, that common's a looker, big paddle, lovely mate

Hotshot, I seem to remember you had one or two in those closed seasons? If I recall correctly, McSpod caught a couple too... I think I only ever fished it the once, had a few social visits down there though... Nice lake...
Old 27-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Monkey Magic

This has been a good thread to read, brings back a few memories.
I first saw this lake in the early 90's, as I walked up from the car park I saw an angler playing a nice high double common. I was back there myself that weekend, as you would. A day ticket was only 4, I did a couple of days, caught both times, then bought a year's ticket, which I think was only 13 from Mr. Blackhurst's shop.
Loved it on there, never,ever more than 3 of us on at a time over the next 2 years. The far bank across from the shop/sheds was competely different as you can imagine 15 or more years ago, the trees were young and small and there was plenty of bankside space to fish anywhere on the lake. My favourite spot was the top right hand corner, don't think that's possible now.
My catch rate at the time, fishing days only, was about 4 out of 6 visits I caught, never had more than 4 carp per visit, damn near all commons, and not too many 20's.

Bernard Loftus was a good carp-catcher on there.

Are there still turtles swimming about on there?..........oops! TERRAPINS.

Some fishy photos here:
http://www.northwestcarp.co.uk/forum...-boundary.html

Read this:
boundry

Last edited by MANAGER; 27-01-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Old 27-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Monkey Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANAGER View Post
This has been a good thread to read, brings back a few memories.
I first saw this lake in the early 90's, as I walked up from the car park I saw an angler playing a nice high double common. I was back there myself that weekend, as you would. A day ticket was only 4, I did a couple of days, caught both times, then bought a year's ticket, which I think was only 13 from Mr. Blackhurst's shop.
Loved it on there, never,ever more than 3 of us on at a time over the next 2 years. The far bank across from the shop/sheds was competely different as you can imagine 15 or more years ago, the trees were young and small and there was plenty of bankside space to fish anywhere on the lake. My favourite spot was the top right hand corner, don't think that's possible now.
My catch rate at the time, fishing days only, was about 4 out of 6 visits I caught, never had more than 4 carp per visit, damn near all commons, and not too many 20's.

Bernard Loftus was a good carp-catcher on there.

Are there still turtles swimming about on there?

Some fishy photos here:
http://www.northwestcarp.co.uk/forum...-boundary.html

Read this:
boundry
the terapins were still there a few years back
Old 28-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Super Monkey

A couple of Boundary fish from the early 90's....both 20's and my first 2 fish from the water. The common was just shy of 25lb and I believe this is the same fish that sadly moved house.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boundary.jpg (27.7 KB, 144 views)
Old 28-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Advanced Monkey

bottom fish is the mug still there and has done 29+ last season. crackers.
Old 28-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Monkey Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil View Post
A couple of Boundary fish from the early 90's....both 20's and my first 2 fish from the water. The common was just shy of 25lb and I believe this is the same fish that sadly moved house.
Looks like you had both the bigguns there for the time, the mug and the big common. The common topped 26 and the mug was 22-24 when I was on there. There used to be a fish that was much bigger than those two though, reffered to as the unknown mirror, as it hadnt been caught to anyones knoledge.
I struggled on there until I discovered they adored popped up floating crust, had all 3 rods go in 10 minutes once, they liked zigs too but hook pulls were a problem, we lost lots more than we landed. Good socials on there and the chinese spare ribs were the best Ive ever had.
Old 29-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Regular Monkey

Around 10 years+ ago, i spent alot of time round the lake and would put a very well educated figure of 80 carp max at that point in time. fish come and go etc so that figure could be slightly less now.
Old 29-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Super Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
Looks like you had both the bigguns there for the time, the mug and the big common. The common topped 26 and the mug was 22-24 when I was on there. There used to be a fish that was much bigger than those two though, reffered to as the unknown mirror, as it hadnt been caught to anyones knoledge.
I struggled on there until I discovered they adored popped up floating crust, had all 3 rods go in 10 minutes once, they liked zigs too but hook pulls were a problem, we lost lots more than we landed. Good socials on there and the chinese spare ribs were the best Ive ever had.
I was lucky - very lucky in fact. I'd got my gear together one Friday night back in June 93 [i think!] and had intended to fish a PA water very near by. Arrived at the PA lake and I couldn't get on any of the pegs I fancied....

I'd heard a little about Boundary and decided to give it a go on there instead.

Went to the shop and picked up a 2 night ticket for a massive 3.50 then went for a walk around the lake. There were no other anglers on the lake to speak to and gain advice so it was going to be a challenge!

Having walked around the lake, climbed trees etc I'd found no obvious signs of fish apart from a sizeable fish that spooked from the margins.....probably a Pike I thought? Anyway I'd seen nothing else so decided to set up where I'd seen the spooked fish [in the woods, alongside the lane].

Only had 2 rods at the time, so one rod went onto a gravel patch I 'd found at about 50-60 yds in front of me. The other rods went at the bottom of the marginal shelf where I'd seen the spooked fish. Single balanced baits on both rods with partiblend over the top.

Lake looked perfect that evening. Low pressure moving in, but very still and moody. Still no signs of fish though!!

Around 2am, had a single beep from the margin rod.....still flat calm outside...maybe a liner i thought? Then another beep and it was out of the clip and away! Fish felt reasonable and ploughed up and down the margins for 10-15 mins. Just felt slow and determined. Eventually netted it and came to lift the net....still not seen the fish at this point as it was pitch black. Lifted the net with my left arm and struggled. I thought maybe the net was snagged but it turned out that it was just a heavy fish!

My first visit to the water, my first fish from the water and my first 20. It was a common and went just short of 25lb......pleased didn't even come close to how I felt! I'd been carping for 5 years at the time and I couldn't believe that I'd finally got a 20.

No other fish came that weekend but I was back again a couple of weeks later. Again I had the lake to myself. This time I was armed with 3 rods. 2 went out to hard patches on the same peg and the 3rd went back on the same marginal shelf spot that I took the common. First night in the marginal rod was away. That turned out the be a mirror. My second visit to the water, second fish from the water and my second 20 at 23.5lb. I was on a role!!

That was the begining of my time on Boundary and I won't give too much more away about the place or my other fish. Paul Selman began a campaign on there shortly after I started and he concluded it to be a strange, enigmatic and very hard water in an article he wrote for Carp Talk.

One things for sure though.....I'll be back!!
Old 29-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Monkey Magic

Drivepast the place on my way to certain club waters I fish, and didnt even know there was any carp in the place. Iv never seen anyone fishing it.

Learn something new every day. Its good that places like this get thrown up now and again that seem almost forgotten but are still great venues.

i presume all the prices and rules will be on the website will they for future reference?!

Last edited by Barbz; 29-01-2010 at 03:22 PM.