Old 13-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Super Monkey

Send a message via MSN to rockinruss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave no fish View Post
Debdale or fairfield park res are home of some MONSTERS

Biggest out of Debdale was a 34lb dead fish Ive had a few 20`s
Fairfield "now its a tricky 1 this"
17/18 years back some1 i knew relocated 20 10lb + fish into here, biggest being 19lb, , and a club i was in (the bulls head) has a water linked to fairfield by a 6ft culvert, this they netted to stop stock leaving, Over a 100 carp up to 10lb, well the net collasped, fish did 1, and ended up in Godfry Hermon, a 3 acre lake, on the other side of this underwater culvert,
Now on the Viaduct side of Godfry Hermon is a 100ft Viaduct wall, going straight across Fairfield res with 10ft wide UNDERWATER arch`s built from the res bed, FISH have the run now of all, BUT theres also a 6ft culvert /drainoff leading to Debdale "so did they go here, or still in fairfield ??? ,
Has only some gone through, Where did the Debdale carp come from???
as it used to be trout only, Many monster pike in both, and then theres the slimers (when i was a tadpole ) i was handlineing off 1 of these viaducts for pike.(theres plenty up the length of fairfield viaducts and pike) and whilst watching my livebait tremble i seen a slimer ,its head stuck out of the underwater arch, and its tail stuck out the other side, now ive measured viaduct at 7ft wide which makes this CAT 8ft 35 years ago, and low and behold, 2 years back a diveing instructer was diving with students in the main drainoff channel, and came face to face with a humongus CAT that didn`t move, infact he moved and never been back down there again.
If the same fish TRICKY as my post starts, as this was alledged to have happened in Debdale Res (next to diving school) and i seen it in Fairfield (Top res) So tricky is (there always dropping water in top res for motorway flooding repairs) so all fish might have migrated, but ive been told fish were basking this summer ??
between both res and waters behind viaducts your looking over 100 acres,
and 120 known fish, at least 80 of them must have died/been poached, So approx 1 fish per 2.4 acres, in a natural bait baazar, ivm constantly pulling out musscles the big oyster type for my boilie mix , and the weeds chocker.bloodworm,infact its a big fish heaven, but firkin hard to get a bite,
all my fish have been stalking, but 4 fish in 3 years is hard.
good point its free (***ody brave enough to take over the water) though a few local clubs still try which leads on to BAD POINT,
DONT FISH ALONE AT NIGHT,
Cheers for that one mate..i heard a rumour one of these were being drained off another forum...any idea's how big they go?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored links

WATCH THE BEST CARP VIDEOS ON THE WEB EACH MONTH FOR FREE!!
VISIT OUR NORTH WEST CARP TV PLAYER!

This advertisement block vanishes when you register and log-in. Click here to do so for FREE.

Old 14-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Advanced Monkey

I SEEN A DEAD 1 at 34lb hauled out,
Ive had up to 28lb myself (common) both bottom res
as for draining (top res) has been lowered by 7ft last year in a vain attempt to lower water table to stop m60 flooding, but the @rsewipe who came up with this idea hasn`t taken into account AUDENSHAW RES 3 of em, and there all above the motorway, but these cant be drained "as there M/Cr emergency drinking supply" and as motorway is still liable to flooding, So i assume Top res will be refilled eventually, but it gives a good topography of the Res makeup at the mo, plus the water area`s down to approx 20 acres, so location is easier.
As for the CLOUGH, BOG HOLE as we know it "and it is" If you dont get jabbed by the needles left around, and dont get your throat cut at night,
its a skanky little mudhole of about a millionth of an acre, it used to be Overstocked to Death, not by any club,but N/WEST WATER? ,They were working on Heaton park and netted it temp whilst doing so, fish were relocated to here Temp, but the tw4ts never did put back, so overstocked .I had 19 fish in a 3 hour session 1 day, but i also seen a local set his staff in on a 15lb ish fish for fun, 1 lad decided to rescue the fish from these animals and 20 or so were relocated to Fairfield .
From 300 + fish 20 years or so ago i recken its about 25 now, with a couple just passing 20lb, on a water that should support 1.
If your after a chance of a good fish TRY SALE WATER PARK,
If like me catching isnt life or Death, Debdale "but beware" ive fished many SO-CALLED HARD WATERS redesmere incl "HARD" aint the word when it comes to DEBDALE/FAIRFIELD, This place will break you, but as for rewards
(i beleive a 40lb + is a cert in there)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 24-10-2006, 12:56 PM
Monkey Magic

Yep and a big old mirror it is too. Looks like it could carry on with its frame!
Old 24-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Advanced Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
Quite amusing that site... unbelievable really !!

Clifton aka Manc Park Lake

It hasn't done a 40... no manchester lake ever has !
closest was an upper 30 from a private manchester water.

Clifton has fish to a best weight of 37, probably less now. Mirror not common. The biggest common died and was a low 30.
It's very well known, weedy and heavily pressured.
You'll have lots of fun on there.. LOL

Manchester park lake not done a 40

Old 24-10-2006, 09:59 PM
Monkey Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-ed View Post
Manchester park lake not done a 40

nice fish m8 and proved sum points bout da 40 lol wer frm m8
Old 24-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Advanced Monkey

It's not me!!!
Just posting the picture for everyone to see.
I am nowhere near as good looking.
Keith
Old 25-10-2006, 09:00 PM
realtree

Looks A Proper Old Fish Top Angling M8 Well Done:d
Old 26-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Super Monkey

ooo check your handbag mt-ed...

it's a massive surprise not only to the regulars but also the captor himself !

My comments were correct at the time. No doubt you already knew though huh ?

Well chuffed for the captor JC .. he deserved it after many years of hard work.

No doubt it will a few new visitors next year.. whether they will be able to cope is another matter.
Old 30-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Super Monkey

Send a message via MSN to rockinruss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Duszynski View Post
Seems it has now.... 41lb 7oz

MD

My first session tomorrow on there..can't wait! I'll keep you posted on how things turn out guy's
Old 31-10-2006, 08:52 AM
Super Monkey

Have fun...
Old 31-10-2006, 05:19 PM
Salford Flier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
Have fun...
Oh Yeah
Old 31-10-2006, 06:03 PM
Senior Monkey

Did 15 nights in february/march/april this spring the 1st fish came out late march/ early april if i remember, certainly wears you down, not forgettin the 1km walk with the gear to the far swims made worse by having to do it in 1 go as you can't leave your gear for a minute on there, and having to hide your gear whilst you move the car to safety!

Sees loooooads of pressure too with many guy mass prebaiting all areas! coming back nearly everyday!

a challenge, will be having a go at some point next year again tho, even in the winter local chavs go round in groups at night not the best feeling when you can hear voices around you untill the early hours.

mike,

Last edited by lancashirecarper; 31-10-2006 at 09:05 PM.