Go Back   North West Carp Forum > Carp Fishing > General Tackle Chat

General Tackle Chat For all topics relating to carp tackle and accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 08:11 AM
Smokin Tokin Rat of a spaced monkey :-)

Send a message via MSN to smokey
Default Leaking Centre Cap..Help Pls ?

Hi guys ...

wonder if anyone can help ..My Aqua brolly has started to leak at the centre cap. I got say tho it have done a fair few nights over the last year and has also saved me from a falling tree so its not a quality issue ...just an over used one lol ...Now i have read that you can unscrew many of the centre caps ? Has anyone ever done this on an aqua brolly ? And if so do they just screw off. I havnt realy looked at it properly yet but i couldnt see any screw section when i checked upon pack up this morning. Iam also lead to belive you just fill the top section with silcone then screw the top back on .

any advice would be appreciated , also is there anywhere in the NW that repairs brollys ??? I know Army Andy does but if i can find some where closer to stoke that would be great .

Thanks

smokey
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored links

WATCH THE BEST CARP VIDEOS ON THE WEB EACH MONTH FOR FREE!!
VISIT OUR NORTH WEST CARP TV PLAYER!

This advertisement block vanishes when you register and log-in. Click here to do so for FREE.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:46 AM

THANKS ANDY FROM AQUA ... well i bobed them an email across when i put this thread up ...and job done ... Instructions on how to remove the centre cap and the sealent i need will be with me by midd week FREE OF CHARGE !

Cant beat that for service ... i know Aqua have there knockers but for customer service i cant fault them .... Called upon then several times over the years and can honestly say i have never been let down ...AWSUM !

Happy Days

Smokey
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Monkey Magic

Send a message via ICQ to STAFFBULLTERRIER

and looking at the time of your posts smokey,they didn,t hang about,so a big

to aqua
Old 05-09-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STAFFBULLTERRIER View Post
and looking at the time of your posts smokey,they didn,t hang about,so a big

to aqua
Just check my emails ...12 mins it took for the reply .... Spot On

smokey
Old 05-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Monkey Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
THANKS ANDY FROM AQUA ... well i bobed them an email across when i put this thread up ...and job done ... Instructions on how to remove the centre cap and the sealent i need will be with me by midd week FREE OF CHARGE !

Cant beat that for service ... i know Aqua have there knockers but for customer service i cant fault them .... Called upon then several times over the years and can honestly say i have never been let down ...AWSUM !

Happy Days

Smokey
If it's a quality product/premium price why would you need to have a customer services at all??? Let alone need to use them "several times".........
Old 05-09-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffers View Post
If it's a quality product/premium price why would you need to have a customer services at all??? Let alone need to use them "several times".........
Customer service always has to be in place with any company , nothing is 100% perfect all the time . Thats simple buisness practice realy ???? No company is without problems ?? I assume by your comment mate you have never had to use a customer service department for any item or service you have paid for in the past ????? Be it fishing realted or not ?

As for using them sevral times ...well iam happy to give you my history of horror stories but iam sure your not realy interested...saying that tho they have all been down to my own doing or an act of god Trees in high winds with me in a brolly !!! iam sure you can guess the rest .

Value for money is in the eye of the beholder sometimes...My aqua brolly has done over 180 nights in the last 12 months infact it may even be closer to 200 i would have to check so in normal angling terms of a weekend angler who does 2 nights a week my brolly has actual done 3.4 years of weekend angling ......{based on 180 nites} .. thats not bad if you ask me fella !!!!!!!

smokey
Old 05-09-2011, 05:17 PM
North West Carp Club Member

Is it a new style brolley Dean...?
Old 05-09-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Is it a new style brolley Dean...?
yes mate .. just checked and i bought it on the 7th july last year lol so a little older than 12 months .

smokey
Old 07-10-2011, 09:44 AM

Right ...after 2 failed attempts to seal the bell cap on my brolly ive decided i just cant do it lol ... Got a good soaking last night so i think its time to get someone who knows what there doing lol ... The instructions are simple and i followed them to the letter but no joy . Does anyone know of anywhere i can take it to be done ... I live in stoke on trent so the closer the better .

Thanks

Smokey