Go Back   North West Carp Forum > Carp Fishing > General Tackle Chat

General Tackle Chat For all topics relating to carp tackle and accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Super Monkey

Default New 3 x shimano big baitrunner long cast lc rrp 570

thinking about getting these reels has anyone got them and would you reccomend also would you say buying a extra 2 for spod and marker would be good idea or would you reccomend different ones for spod marker work

NEW 3 X SHIMANO BIG BAITRUNNER LONG CAST LC RRP £570 on eBay, also Reels, Coarse Fishing, Fishing, Sporting Goods (end time 06-Apr-09 13:47:32 BST)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored links

WATCH THE BEST CARP VIDEOS ON THE WEB EACH MONTH FOR FREE!!
VISIT OUR NORTH WEST CARP TV PLAYER!

This advertisement block vanishes when you register and log-in. Click here to do so for FREE.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Monkey Magic

Send a message via MSN to stotty

wouldnt recommend these reels for spod and marker work..... maybe a lighter/smaller model like the navi or biomaster....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-03-2009, 06:23 PM
Super Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stotty View Post
wouldnt recommend these reels for spod and marker work..... maybe a lighter/smaller model like the navi or biomaster....
true was looking at the bio master as my bro has them and like the way they feel
Old 09-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Monkey Magic

I used to own 4 of these reels for use abroad on the "big ponds" they were perfect for over there and bullit proof, didnt like them to fish with over here though, set up was all unbalanced as they are heavy due the fact they are built to last. However I have kept 2 for marker and spod work, purely for reasons stated above, they are bullit proof, essential for lots of spodding and they have a quick retrieve and for marker work they are great as you just bang the b/runner on with a flick of the lever to pay line out, no slackening and tightening the drag every 2 mins.
I'd buy all 3 mate, and sell the 3rd one on, you will shift it no probs and they will last you many many years.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Super Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
I used to own 4 of these reels for use abroad on the "big ponds" they were perfect for over there and bullit proof, didnt like them to fish with over here though, set up was all unbalanced as they are heavy due the fact they are built to last. However I have kept 2 for marker and spod work, purely for reasons stated above, they are bullit proof, essential for lots of spodding and they have a quick retrieve and for marker work they are great as you just bang the b/runner on with a flick of the lever to pay line out, no slackening and tightening the drag every 2 mins.
I'd buy all 3 mate, and sell the 3rd one on, you will shift it no probs and they will last you many many years.
yeah was gonna get 5 mate 2 for spod and marker aswell but i do like the biomaster aswell do you know of anywere that stocks these reels so i could get a feel for them coz might just get the 3 and 2 biomasters
Old 09-03-2009, 07:07 PM
North West Carp Club Member

You should be able to get them for much less than that, have a ring around a few tackle shops or take another look on eBay. I've seen them for 115 each in the mags, I'm sure they'd go to 110 or less if you were buying three along with some other gear.

For spod / marker buy a Diawa Emblem Spod reel - got mine for 80 and they are a top bit of kit for the job. Massive retrieve, reliable, solid. Nice shallow spool so you don't have to faff about with backing line before you stick your braid on.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:04 PM
Monkey Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by caprman0151 View Post
yeah was gonna get 5 mate 2 for spod and marker aswell but i do like the biomaster aswell do you know of anywere that stocks these reels so i could get a feel for them coz might just get the 3 and 2 biomasters
Most decent shops stock them mate, try stapely, daves of middlewich.

The trouble with the emblem spod reel is, if you do a lot of spod work, the hinge on the handle wears under the strain, and the reel handle trys to fold inwards during retrieve, a very bad weak point. No such trouble with shimano's.
Old 24-07-2011, 10:18 PM
North West Carp Club Member

if you get lc's for spod/marker you are crackers and should lend me some money at a good rate
Old 29-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Super Monkey

Think he's probably sorted his reels out by now