Go Back   North West Carp Forum > Carp Fishing > Catch Reports

Catch Reports Report your captures here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Advanced Monkey

Talking Braesnose 1 - Linear Fisheries

Lads,

I have just got back from 48hrs on Brasenose 1 at Linear fisheries and what a cracking time I have had.

I managed to beat my PB twice which I am chuffed to bits with.

After arriving ay 8.00am I went over to B2 to speak to Ozzy from Tacklesaver as he was Marshelling the Junior Carp Champs. He pointed me in the direction of B1 as he had a good few out on the Saturday on the bank side.

After parking up I had a good walk round and the bank side was rammed. I walked round to the trout lake side and it was dead. I stood on the peg just on the point of the bay and watched. I saw only a couple of fish showing but with the wind in my face I was confident.

I had my polarized shades on a managed to find a decent clear spot about 70yds out which i knew was the spot for me.

I got the rods out and set the rigs up, one rod consisted of a korda safe zone leader in clear with an in line lead on coupled with a blow back rig which was tipped with a chopped down Richworth XLR8 boillie topped with a piece of plastic corn.

The second rod was again on a korda safe zone leader in brown with an in line lead coupled with a multi rig topped with a 10mm hi-viz pop up, both rods had flying back leads on.

I got the rods out and spodded over both areas and sat back.

I was getting small knocks here and there which made me jumpy as it was the first time I had fished linear and I was eager to bag a big un!

The sun was shining and I was having a brew when at about half 2 one of the rods roared off, i dropped my brew and hit into the fish, just as I did the bailiff came round collecting money. Having seen my into a fish he said he would come back later. I was straight into the water as I did not want to loose this one in the weedy patch which was in front of my peg and after 10mins I had it in my net. Upon seeing the fish I knew it was going to beat my PB and after weighing it in it tipped the scales at 20lb on the nose!

I was well happy and my confidence was at all time high especially as no one else was catching said the bailiff.

I composed myself and checked my rigs etc and got the rods back out.

I went on to land these beauties.....

10lb Mirror1.jpg

10lb Mirror2.jpg

18.5lb Mirror.jpg

20lb Mirror (2).jpg

20lb Mirror (3).jpg

20.5lb Mirror1.jpg

20.5lb Mirror2.jpg
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored links

WATCH THE BEST CARP VIDEOS ON THE WEB EACH MONTH FOR FREE!!
VISIT OUR NORTH WEST CARP TV PLAYER!

This advertisement block vanishes when you register and log-in. Click here to do so for FREE.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:37 PM
Monkey Magic

Beauties indeed mate cracking fish well done
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Monkey Magic

well in mate nice result
Old 11-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Advanced Monkey

Nice haul, well in.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Serp Monkey

Cracking session fella,well in!!

Heard good things and bad about this place,what are your thoughts now you've been??
Old 11-08-2011, 05:15 PM
a camo monkey

some nice kippers m8

nozza
Old 11-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Advanced Monkey

Shady,

I only have good to things to say about B1. Like i said mate it was my first dip in the water on any of the lakes at Linear and i had a cracking time.

I will be going back very soon as im working in Oxford so i can keep it quiet from the misses!!

I think im going to target St Johns next as there are bigger beauts in their.

If you want to catch fish then go to Brasenose 1 as there are 2000 fish to go at!

If you are thinking of going down let me know pal and i will see if i can join you.

Out of interest what bad things have you heard?

Tight lines and thanks to everyone for the comments.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Monkey Magic

Well done mate,top bombing.

Wotto.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Serp Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by m60oon View Post
Shady,

I only have good to things to say about B1. Like i said mate it was my first dip in the water on any of the lakes at Linear and i had a cracking time.

I will be going back very soon as im working in Oxford so i can keep it quiet from the misses!!

I think im going to target St Johns next as there are bigger beauts in their.

If you want to catch fish then go to Brasenose 1 as there are 2000 fish to go at!

If you are thinking of going down let me know pal and i will see if i can join you.

Out of interest what bad things have you heard?

Tight lines and thanks to everyone for the comments.
Cheers for the reply mate;i've seen a lot of pics of fish from there and there's some real beauties in there.
I am told it gets rammed on there most weeks,not my cup of tea but each to their own.Also there have been a couple of incidents where anglers have been robbed at knifepoint;they were supposed to be stepping up security,but i've heard nothing about it yet.Would love to go and give it a try sometime,but i struggle to get on my 2 club waters at the mo,so ask me again next year and i will give it a go!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:11 PM
Advanced Monkey

Looks like you had a great afternoons fishing, can i ask what glasses you have that you can see the bottom at 70 yds
Old 12-08-2011, 08:15 PM
North West Carp Site Sponsor

well done mate nice to see you got amongst em

www.facebook.com/saebaitdevelopments
www.saebaitdevelopments.co.uk
Old 12-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Senior Monkey

well done mate on ya PB like the write up and the well done again mate
Old 13-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Decker

Knew you would have a result. Nice write up too, but please no more korda adverts.
Well done chap.
Old 13-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Advanced Monkey

Cheers for all the comments lads.

Decker I mentioned the safe zone leaders as there was a write up last week about them Vs Leadcore and I said I would report on my findings as it was the first I had used them.

I will be sure to use them again!! (I will have to wash my mouth out with soap the next time I mention K#@!a)

Gadget them shades are what Superman gave me. He is a good pal of mine!
Old 14-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Monkey Magic

Well done mate. Glad you tagged a few, good angling.

Lowey.